6 Absolute Truths On Losing Belly Fat Quickly!
Isn’t this every dieter’s dream to lose belly fat quickly? I mean apart from the proud owners of beer bellies who “pat their belly” whilst saying “it’s all paid for” I’m sure it is all paid for and one day you will be paying for it again but not with money….
On a serious note, a woman seems to be more conscious about belly fat than men or men just hide it better, either way, sporting a belly could be less or more dangerous than you think.
I bet you’re confused now aren’t you and thinking it is dangerous or it’s not? well apart from being unsightly having a big belly isn’t that dangerous its what’s underneath that could be leading to some seriously devastating bad news from your doctor, which I will talk about later.
In this post, I want to outline truths about losing weight quickly because the internet and magazines alike promote misinformation.
Is Belly Fat Dangerous?
It would be irresponsible of me to say it’s not but there is a bit more to it than that. The fat you can see, wobble and grab hold of isn’t especially dangerous by its self its visceral fat that is the killer!
Chances are if you have a lot of belly fat you have visceral fat, visceral fat is the fat that wraps itself around your organs and causes a multitude of health problems.
Visceral fat develops when there is too much glucose in your bloodstream due to your glycogen (energy) stores being full your body then stores this as visceral fat.
This type of fat has been linked to many health problems most notably –
- Diabetes – this type more than other fats has the biggest part in developing diabetes as it makes you more resistant to insulin that plays a vital part in controlling your blood sugar.
- Gaining more weight – Visceral fat interrupts your body’s hormone production leading you to have a greater appetite eating more and falling further into a vicious cycle.
- High risk of heart disease and strokes – According to a 2013 report done by the University Center Hospital of Quebec, visceral fat:
is closely related to clustering cardio-metabolic risk factors. Hypertriglyceridemia; increased free fatty acid availability; adipose tissue release of pro-inflammatory cytokines; liver insulin resistance and inflammation; increased liver VLDL synthesis and secretion; reduced clearance of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins; presence of small, dense LDL particles; and reduced HDL cholesterol levels are among the many metabolic alterations closely related to this condition.
Basically, this means you liver finds it harder to remove toxins and your arteries start to line themselves with a plaque in return your blood pressure will rise and heart has to work a lot harder to pump blood around your body.
There is also links to dementia and depression, plus you get all the other risks of the diseases mentioned above.
6 Truths You Need To Know
- Diet pills don’t work – There are a whole plethora of pills out there, on the high street, the internet, magazines and even gyms! There is little scientific evidence to support this and the only reason they may “appear” to work is the placebo effect, often people do diet and exercise whilst taking the “miracle” pill.
- More Muscle More Weight Loss – Yes ladies you need to build muscle and NO you don’t have to become the hulk! You just need to add some lean muscle and whilst we are telling some truths, ladies, you have nothing to worry about as building muscle takes time and is extremely hard for you to become big and manly.
- Don’t keep up with your man – When it comes to meal times put less on the plate if you’re a female, your genetic makeup is different from men, men are designed to eat more as we have more muscle and less fat. Men 2500 calories Woman 2000
- You can’t out-train a bad diet – If you think you can lose all your belly fat from exercise alone then think again, sure you will lose some but you will hit a brick wall, you can become “thin” without exercise, personally it’s not a good look a good diet with exercise will give you an amazing look and feel.
- There are no quick fixes – I have found two legitimate programmes out there that will help you lose significant weight in just three weeks, the 3-week diet system and 21-day fix
- You can’t spot check fat – doing endless crunches won’t make you lose belly fat, your body will decide where you lose the fat from so just enjoy the journey and develop life-long habits and lifestyle.
Losing weight doesn’t have to be hard or stressful just need to find the right information to help you succeed, a good rule of thumb is this, if it doesn’t require an effort of some sort such as exercise or food preparation then don’t waste your time.
Keep in mind that if you do have a belly on you then you are at a higher risk of visceral fat and that means a higher risk of disease and even death. However, having a big belly doesn’t always mean this look at “strong men” contestants they are extremely fit but still have a bulge.
So “can I lose belly fat quickly” absolutely it just require fewer calories in and more calories out.
Love to hear your thoughts on this so leave a comment below.