1 Incredible Belly Fat Busting Recipe
I Asked my online colleague Chef Charred from TheUrbanRecipes.com if he would like to Share a good weight loss recipe, he did! this succulent baked milk fish recipe, however, this is not his recipe it’s actually his wife’s, I’m not sure if they have kids but if they do they are extremely lucky to have chefs as their parents.
Before I spoke to Chef Charred I never even heard of a milk fish so naturally this lead me to do some research about this fish to see what health properties it which I will tell you the secret shortly.
Not only is the fish good for you but the ingredients that compliment it are also powerful health boosters as well as good for weight loss!
Health Benefits Of The Ingredients
Onion – Great vitamin C boost to help with immune system function. Onions also help regulate blood sugar due to a compound called chromium, on top of this for centuries the onion has been used to fight inflammation.
Ginger – Known for its great taste and medicinal properties that may lower blood pressure, reduce heart disease, reduce inflammation, muscle pain and soreness, menstrual pain, brain diseases such as dementia and Alzheimer’s and great at fighting flu.
Celery – Another low in calorie’s but high in vitamins and minerals vegetable. Celery may be mostly water content but it’s high in dietary fibre, something most of us don’t get enough.
Tomato – Been linked to reducing the chances of certain types of cancer’s, especially pancreatic cancer.
Chillies – Linked to weight loss by suppressing appetite as some scientific studies have shown.
Milk Fish –Contains more omega 3 than any other fish at a whopping 14.2% whereas sardines only have 3.9%
See below for this belly fat busting fish dish from Chef Lani, and what she has to say about it!
Preparation: 15- 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Baked Milk Fish Recipe is a fish recipe that even a rookie can get a wink of satisfaction from the person who will eat this healthy and delicious dish.
Milk Fish is one of the most common fishes in the Philippines. Because of its distinctively good taste and its health benefits, this milkfish became so popular in the country.
This recipe is easy its just like baking an ordinary fish. This dish can be served on its own. If you are a fan of white plain rice just like most of us Filipinos, you will definitely enjoy this!. You can as well eat it on its own or you might want a sauce (dipping sauce). Filipinos love toyomansi sauce because it gives a richer flavour to this kind of fish. I did include in this baked milk fish recipe the ingredients and procedure on how you can make the special toyomansi dipping sauce.
- 1 large Milk Fish
- 1 medium red onion (minced)
- 1 medium size ginger (julienned)
- 2 small size tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 celery ( sliced diagonally)
- 2 pcs. wild chillies (sliced diagonally)
- 1 tbsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp. kosher salt
- You can actually buy this dish in a Supermarket or Wet Market where the fish vendor will do the cleaning for you. You just have to instruct the vendor to just remove the gills and de-scale the fish. Wash and clean the fish when you get home to make sure that there’s no trace of scales left or gills.
- Pat dry the milk fish and set aside.
- Make sure that all the ingredients needed for your baked milk fish are already chopped and mixed together in a bowl (except for the salt and pepper)
- Preheat the oven at 275 degrees C.
- Place the fish in a large aluminium foil big enough to wrap the whole milk fish.
- Rub the fish with salt and freshly ground black pepper, both sides must be rubbed. Include the inside of the fish in rubbing the salt and pepper to let the meat absorb the seasoning.
- Stuffed the fish with spoonsful of the mixture of ingredients until it’s full. Include stuffing the head of the fish.
- If you still have left of the mixture, place the mixture on top of the fish’s skin. This allows the fish’s skin to absorb the flavour.
- Wrap the fish nicely, sealed the tip of the foil tightly to avoid the moisture or liquid from spilling out while it’s cooking in the oven.
- Place the wrapped fish on the baking pan and bake for 50-60minutes.
- Take out the fish from the oven and remove the foil (be careful when you remove the foil because you might get burned from the steam). Disregard the liquid on the pan as well.
- Now place the fish again on the same pan and put the pan on the top rack of the oven.
- Bake the fish for another 10-15 minutes or until it reached deep golden brown and looks crispy.
- Remove from the oven, plate and serve.
Toyomansi Sauce Ingredients
- 1 medium red onion (minced)
- 4-5 pcs. calamansi (juiced)
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 5-6 tbsp. dark soy sauce
- 1 green chilli (minced)
- 1 wild chilli (minced)
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
2. Taste for adjustments and preferred taste
Last Word on Baked Milk Fish Recipe
Personally, I will be trying this as I love fish and looks super easy to make. That’s what a good diet is about, tasty, easy and not complicated.
I would like to say massive thank you to Chef Charred and his wife for providing this delicious recipe for more recipes from These two awesome chefs check this page out!
I would love to hear your thoughts on this by leaving a comment below, also click the button below for my number one diet recommendation.